Mac Rental Company rental agreement & terms and conditions
- 1. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited shall supply their customer and shall rent the Equipment, as specified in the Equipment Schedule, on the conditions set out in this Agreement.
- 2. The Equipment shall at all times remain the property of Juicy IT Rental Company Limited. The Customer shall not part with possession of the Equipment nor dispose of, charge, pledge or underlet the same, nor attempt to do so.
- 3. The rental of any Equipment shall commence on the date of the Rental Agreement. It will continue until either Juicy IT Rental Company Limited or the Customer terminates as defined in clauses 22 to 29.
- 4. The Customer will pay the Rental cost shown on the invoice supplied or as agreed by writing. This Rental shall be paid on the payment periods specified. After the expiry of the term of this agreement any further payments are to be made at the same rental rate.
- 5. All rental figures shown are exclusive of Value Added Tax. Value Added Tax at the current rate is payable in addition to the Rental payments within the terms of Juicy IT Rental Company Limited agreement.
- 6 Juicy It Rental Company Limited reserves the right to vary the Rental Terms after the expiry of the agreement by giving one month’s written notice.
- 7. The Customer shall not suffer the Equipment to be taken by way of distress or execution and shall indemnify Juicy IT Rental Company Limited against any loss damage costs and expenses which Juicy IT Rental Company Limited may incur for the purpose of preserving the Equipment from such distress or execution or of recovering it.
- 8. The customer and / or any associated 3rd party undertaking work for the customer is not to deface, remove or otherwise interfere with the markings on the Equipment showing Juicy IT Rental Company Limited’s ownership.
- 9. The customer and / or any associated 3rd party undertaking work for the customer shall use the Equipment in a proper manner as described in the instruction Manual and not to attempt to interfere or tamper with the Equipment except to make normal adjustments. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited reserves the right to charge for callouts due to incorrect operation.
- 10. The Customer is responsible for the cost of repairs needed due to misuse, whether caused by the customer and / or any 3rd party undertaking work for the customer. The costs of any repairs due to misuse shall be paid by the customer to Juicy IT Rental Company Limited by the end of the rental period or be removed from any deposit paid.
- 11. The Customer shall allow Juicy IT Rental Company Limited and his agents to enter the address at which the Equipment is installed to inspect and if necessary to repair or replace the Equipment or to recover the goods at the end of the rental period if late or refusal to return the rental goods.
- The Customer is to notify Juicy IT Rental Company Limited immediately if the Equipment suffers any damage or fails to operate properly. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited is not responsible for faulty tape products or other media that might be used.In the event of rental goods failing, Juicy IT Rental Company responsibilities end at the replacement or full or partial refund of the rental of goods for the down failure time. It is the customers responsibility to indemnify or insure itself against expenses incurred due to the rental goods failure and the duration of failure.
Subject to Paragraph 12 neither party shall have any liability to the other party for any:
(a) loss of profit (direct or indirect);
- (b) loss of revenue, loss of production or loss of business (in each case whether direct or indirect);
(c) loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, loss of opportunity and/or loss of operation (in each case whether direct or indirect);
- (d) loss of anticipated saving or loss of margin (in each case whether direct or indirect);
- (e) liability of the other party to third parties (whether direct or indirect); or
- (f) indirect, consequential or special loss,arising out of or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort, misrepresentation, under statute or otherwise, howsoever caused including by negligence and/or arising from a breach of, or a failure to perform or defect or delay in performance of, any of that party's obligations under the Contract and/or any defect in or breakdown of the Equipment or the Equipment's unsuitability for the Hirer's intended purpose
- 13. The Customer is liable for any loss or damage of or to the equipment and is therefore strongly advised to ensure the equipment is insured against any such loss or damage for the value specified within these terms and conditions..
- 14. The Customer notifies Juicy IT Rental Company Ltd Limited immediately of any loss by theft, damage or otherwise of the Equipment.
- 15. The Customer notifies the Insurance Company on any claim of the interest held on any Equipment by Juicy IT Rental Company Limited allowing, if possible, direct settlement of the value of the Equipment between the Insurance Company and Juicy IT Rental Company Limited. Until Juicy It Rental Company Limited has received a proper reimbursement, the Customer shall continue to pay the Rental payments due. Any Equipment replaced prior to this will be subject to a new Rental Agreement.
16. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited agrees to repair the Equipment in the event of failure. If this is not possible it will be replaced by similar or better Equipment within seven days whichwill be subject to the terms of this Agreement.
- 17. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited is not responsible for any loss of use of the Equipment due to failure.
- 18. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited will be liable for negligently will not be liable for any injury, death or damage to persons or property or for any other losses whatsoever arising out of installation, possession or use of the Equipment or of its non-performance or otherwise in connection with this Agreement.
- 19. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited will exercise due care in selecting its staff and agents but will not be responsible for any act or default of such staff or agents which could not have been foreseen and prevented by the exercise of reasonable care by Juicy It Rental Company Limited
Termination by Juicy IT Rental Company Limited
- 20. Juicy IT Company Limited can terminate this Agreement within one month of the Equipment’s installation due to non-approval due to credit checks and monies repaid to the Customer on a pro-rata basis provided the Equipment is returned in good condition.
21. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited may terminate the Agreement at any time due to the Customer not complying with the terms of this Agreement or has distress or execution levied against his or her property or becomes bankrupt or makes a composition with his or her creditors or if there is any mis-statement in the information provided by the Customer to Juicy IT Rental Company Limited.
- 22. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited can terminate this Agreement by giving not less than one month’s notice after the expiry of the initial rental period and give back any monies that might have been deposited by the Customer.
- 23. In the event of termination under Clause 23 all Rentals payments accrued due shall remain payable by the Customer together with Rental payments for the remainder of the Term of the Agreement, if any and no repayments shall be made.
Termination by the Customer
- 24. This agreement terminates on the expiry date of the term, as specified in the signed agreement between Juicy IT Rental Company Limited and the Customer.
- 25. If the Customer continues to rent the Equipment beyond this date, the Customer shall give notice to Juicy IT Rental Company Limited to terminate this Agreement in accordance with the following:- 25.1. Original term specified in days – 1 day 25.2. Original term specified in weeks – 1 week 25.3. Original term specified in months – 1 month
- 26. If Juicy IT Rental Company Limited increases the Rental payable (in accordance with Clause 8) the Customer may terminate the Agreement.
- 27. If Juicy IT Rental Company Limited does not fulfil any of its obligations under this Agreement the Customer may terminate this Agreement.
- 28. If the Customer can prove to Juicy It Rental Company Limited that there are extenuating circumstances why he or she cannot continue with this Agreement then Juicy It Rental Company Limited, at its discretion can terminate the Agreement in writing. Any deposits paid will be forfeited.
Return of the Equipment
- 29. When this Agreement comes or is brought to an end the Customer shall at once return the Equipment to Juicy IT Rental Company Limited address as shown on the invoice or if pre-arranged collection of goods was agreed, the goods shall be made ready for collection and shall without prejudice to his duty to return the Equipment allow and assist Juicy IT Rental Company Limited staff or agents to enter upon any property in the Customers possession or control and shall give to Juicy IT Rental Company Limited all information in his possession to enable the Juicy IT Rental Company Limited to retake the Equipment.
30. It is declared and agreed that if the Customer fails to return or allow Juicy IT Rental Company Limited to retake the Equipment then the Rental payments due for this time from the end of the Agreement and any costs incurred in the Equipment’s recovery shall be paid by the Customer.
- 31. This is not a Hire-Purchase Agreement and gives no right to buy the Equipment. By mutual consent, the Customer has an option to purchase any Equipment under this Agreement, taking into account a proportion of the rental paid.
- 32. If the Customer is using video, audio recording Equipment, downloading any files, software, computer hacking and / or performing any illegal actions using any Equipment owned by Juicy IT Rental Company Limited. The Customer should note that Juicy IT Rental Company Limited will not be held responsible for any breach of copyright or performing rights and / or infringement of any laws, whether governed by the United Kingdom and / or Worldwide. Therefore the Customer should make enquiries to ensure that their use of such Equipment is legally compliant within the United Kingdom and /or Worldwide.
- 33. Any notices sent by the Customer or Juicy IT Rental Company Limited shall be hand-delivered or sent by First Class Post.
34. Customers who rent televisions must make sure they have a current Television Licence.
- 35. Customers who rent Equipment which is directly connected to a telephone line or lines accept all responsibility for its connection and must make sure they have the permission of their telecommunications provider for its connection and pay any costs if necessary charged by them with regard to its connection.
- 36. Juicy IT Rental Company Limited is not responsible for any software used on its computer Equipment, (unless agreed by both parties). A call out charge is payable if the Customer reports faulty Equipment that is caused by software problems.